2012 Maize Genetics Hotel and Travel Information:
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Please note that the Maize complete meeting package (CMP) price includes any taxes and parking; however, the automated confirmation from Doubletree will add on taxes and list prices for parking making it appear that it is extra. You will not be charged additional tax or parking over the CMP dates.
New! The Doubletree Hotel is fully booked for the dates of the conference (3/7/2012):
Lodging may be available at the following hotels, which are within walking distance of the Doubletree:
1021 NE Grand Avenue Portland, Oregon 97232
435 NE Wasco Street Portland, Oregon 97232 USA
Inn at the Convention Center
420 NE Holladay Street Portland, Oregon 97232
Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center (formerly La Quinta)
431 N.E. Multnomah Portland, Oregon 97232-2010
Additional lodging possibilities should be available through the TravelPortland website, which also contains information on other attractions in the area: www.travelportland.com. The Doubletree is easily accessible from the LLoyd Center MAX light rail stop, and lodging alternatives near the MAX system may be preferable.
Google Maps Link to lodging
New! Day Meeting Package (DMP) (3/7/2012):
For those lodging elsewhere or attending only a portion of the meeting, a Day Meeting Package is available that includes all meals, snacks, etc but no lodging. The full DMP ($138/day) as well as individual dinner tickets will be available for purchase from hotel staff at the following locations: Thursday 3-6 pm outside the Multnomah Grille, and Friday through Saturday at the front desk and espresso stand.
Government Attendees Breakdown
View Larger Map
Light Rail Map:
See larger map.
Download PDF of the light rail map.
Directions form Portland International Airport
Driving from points North and South
- Max light rail (see map): Exit at Lloyd Center/NE 11th Ave stop. The Red line leaves approximately every 15-18 minutes from 5:00am - 11:49pm. The trip takes about 25 minutes.
- Driving from the airport: take 205 South to I-84 West, Take Exit 1 Lloyd Center. Turn right on NE 11th.
Transportation from Portland City Center
- From the south: Take I-5N exit 302A to Weidler Street. Go right on Weidler to NE 9th Avenue. Turn right on NE 9th Avenue to Multnomah. Turn left onto NE Multnomah to the hotel.
- From the north: Take I-5N exit 302A. Bear right onto N Vancouver Ave, and then immediately turn left onto N Weidler St. Turn right onto NE 9TH Ave. Turn left onto NE Multnomah St. to the hotel.
- Driving: Go East on SW Alder Street to the Morrison Bridge. Stay in the left lane over the bridge and merge left to I-5 North. Take Exit 302A to Weidler Street. Go right on Weidler to NE 9th Avenue. Right on NE 9th Avenue to Multnomah. Hotel entrance will be on the left.
- TriMet's MAX Light Rail:From any Downtown Portland MAX station, board the MAX Red line to Airport to the Lloyd Center/NE 11th Avenue MAX station.
Roommate Bulletin Board:
If you need to locate a roommate, please do so before submitting your lodging registration. A roommate link is located here:
Find a roommate.
Those international attendees who require letters of invitation to facilitate visa processing may contact the meeting Chair, John Fowler. Be sure to include your name, official position title, and work address organized into a block that will be straightforward to use in the letter.
| Start Date
|| 15 Mar 2012
| End Date
|| 18 Mar 2012
|| 14 Feb 2012
| Registration Site
|| 31 Jan 2012
| Financial Aid
|| 31 Jan 2012
| Talk Submission
| Last-minute poster
|News & Information|
New! MaizeGDB is offering hour long "How to" tutorials immediately before the Maize Meeting at 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00pm on Thursday, March 15, 2012.
Sign up and learn more!
View the full Steering Committee